CREATING AN HARMONIOUS ENVIRONMENT
“At heart, we scientists are lucky people: we can play every game our whole life long”
We have been reflecting on the basis that teams should be encouraged to reach goals in a harmonious and enjoyable environment. We have conceptualized it in 6 main ideas:
Values and working patterns agreed, shared and accepted by all team members.
Colleagues able to stop focusing only on themselves to understand, accept and include all sensibilities and points of view of the rest of the team members.
The feeling of being part of competitive, congruent and transparent team.
Investment: individual contribution
Evaluate which and how many resources everyone is willing to share in order to reach team goals.
Build: to be and to do
The wish to be part of a team that develops meaningful, relevant and motivational projects
Involvement in complementary work to reach goals while enjoying the process, learnings, persons involved, the moment and the results.
It is important to think about these concepts when planning a team event, re-think and re-define the objectives of the event in order to design go for the right solution, as mentionned games, when shared, are more fun!
PLAYING: A FULL-TIME JOB
“Choose a job you love, and you will never have to work a day in your life”
A team game, competitive, collaborative, that thrives on opposition and is based on complex codification could be a sport game or simply a sport. If we include the concept of “business”, these words define the role of an organisation and its teamwork. In any case, both actions:
- Require physical, cognitive and social investment
- Follow goals or are set to solve a problem
- Include rules that have to be known and accepted by everyone involved
- Require abilities, attitudes, strategy and luck
- Require interactivity
- Generate stimulations that help you gain skills that foster personal development
- Are based on the participants, who are responsible for their results and learnings
- Have an important emotional part, the key for success
- Are dynamic and evolutive: participants have to adapt themselves to the changing characteristics, rules and functions
- If played, quality relations will be created and therefore it will be easier to count on creative, pro-active, compromised and stimulated participants
When we ask ourselves why we play, we tend to answer that we play because it is fun. This is the big thing with playing: although it is a multifaceted teaching resource, its deepest secret is the simplicity and the human need to experience it.
The recreational activity is an essential concern for every person, and it is a sign of health and enjoyment.